National Magazine of Friends of the Earth, Australia
Read online at foe.org.au/chain-reaction or subscribe (details below).
In this edition:
· Friends of the Earth at the G20: a grassroots human response
· Koalas and Blue Gum Plantations
· High ecological value State Forests to be logged in Queensland
· Watershed on Indigenous rights needed in Victoria
· Research on nanomaterials is lagging behind commercial developments
· What's the story with nanoparticles in sunscreen?
· Digging into EIA − Failures in impact assessments
· Great Artesian Basin and Painted Desert under threat from Altona's proposed Arckaringa Coal Mine
· The struggle for the Leard State Forest
· Legal personality for Great Barrier Reef
· Connecting with Torres Strait Islander communities on climate change
· Climate change displacement and the need for pre-emptive, managed migration
· Seaspray residents vow to do whatever it takes to protect land
· The lies about renewable energy's cost
· Electricity privatisation − a record of failure
· Abbott government's wind energy health review unnecessary
· Climate change: the situation is hopeless – let's take the next step
· Australian yellowcake fuels Ukrainian fires
· The People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy in India
· Fukushima apologies and apologists
· Queensland campaign against uranium mining
· The nuclear renaissance that never was
· The humanitarian impact of nuclear weapons
Six issues (2 years) $33. Twelve issues (4 years) $60.
* Subscribe online at www.foe.org.au/donate
* Post cheque or money order to: Chain Reaction, P.O. Box 222, Fitzroy, Victoria, 3065. (Make cheques out to Chain Reaction.)
* To pay by credit card, post card details, or email details to email@example.com, or phone (03) 9419 8700.